The 'Balticborg' and her sistership 'Bothniaborg' operate on a long-term charter with Kappa Kraftliners and operate on a biweekly round-trip between Germany, UK and The Netherlands and are part of the new 'RoRo2Stockholm' route. The main functions of the vessels are:
- Load, transport and discharge paper rolls with own ramps via roll on/roll off method.
- Load, transport and discharge paper; other cargoes for the return trip such as trucks, trailers and containers.
- Possess a high-degree of manoeuvrability.
Special feature of the vessels is their environmental friendly design; resulting in the Bureau Veritas class notation CLEAN-AIR and CLEAN-SEA 7+.
Vuyk was responsible for:
- the constructional basic design
- the basic engine room layout
- the ship's system diagrams
- workshop drawings
- routing of ship's piping
- detailed drawings.